Saturday, June 27, 2009

Another beautiful day paddling on the Black River

With blue skies, abundant sunshine and the Lorain International Festival along Lake Erie today, I thought it would be a great day to rent kayaks and take my ten-year old daughter kayaking on the Black River from Lorain, OH. Here are a few scenes from the (rented from Great Lakes Kayaking) kayak.


Note to cyclists who were diverted over the Henderson Bridge last year: YES this is the Berry Bridge and YES it is OPEN! Cyclists riding along SR6 portion of the Back Roads and Beaches Route.

I just can’t take enough pictures of these herons although to really take a good picture of these elusive and camera-shy birds, you have to have a really good lens, good camera and a lot of photography skills. Click here for a better example of a great blue heron on the Black River. There are so many birds on the Black River that I never see anywhere else, and they always thrill me when I see them.

The Pride of Lorain taking passengers on a Black River Nature Tour.

Paddling south toward Henderson Bridge.

There are ALWAYS people fishing for smallmouth bass along the Black River.

No comments: